Take the Challenge of a Lifetime… Walk for 24 hours
Walk 4 Women, 7th – 8th February 2009 Bangkok, Thailand
The inaugural event is aimed at raising funding and awareness for cervical cancer a major women’s health risk; promoting prevention and a healthy lifestyle in today’s modern times.
2,000 participants are expected with 500 completing the walk in 24 hours, hundreds more to participate in the surrounding entertainment and events.
The Challenge of a Lifetime…
Brought to you by Pan Pacific Bangkok
Walk 4 Women is a 24 hour event consisting of 1day/night of activities
Who are you walking 4?...
Cervical cancer is the most common cancer in Thai women, with estimated 6,100 new cases diagnosed and 3,100 deaths each year (GLOBALCAN2000). The occurrence of cervical cancer in women in their 20’s is rare, but increases sharply at 35 and 40 years of age and remains high onwards. Most cervical cases in Thailand are diagnosed at a very advanced stage, which leads to little chance of survival.
We offer the following:
- Date: 7-8 February 2009
- Format:24-hour walk/run
- Start & Finish: Open Air Theater, Lumpini Park
|24 hour Walk/Run Individual
||24 hour Walk/Run Team
||6 person team
||12 person team
||13+ person team
* Casual Participation is designed for people who would like to show their support of the good cause of the Pan Pacific Walk 4 Women but are not serious about recording their distance or walking for a prolonged period of time. Casual participants will receive a participant t-shirt and access to the participant food. Casual participants will not receive a distance recording chip, participant medal, or bib number. Casual participants must wear the participant t-shirt during their walk and when accessing the participant food area.
- Awards for top 3 “longest distance covered” in each age group of the individual category
- Awards for top 3 “longest distance covered” in each team category.
- Special award for team with most number of registered walkers in 13+ person team.
Every participant, except for casual participants will receive a commemorative medal.
Every individual participant and team, except for casual participants will receive a certificate showing the total distance walked/run. The certificates will be post mailed after the event.
- Distance Recording: www.championchip-thailand.com
- Entry Fee:
- 1,000 Thai Baht for individual registration
- 1,000 Thai Baht per team member for team registration
- 500 Thai Baht for casual participation. Casual participants will receive a t-shirt and access to the aid station but will not receive a distance recording chip, have no access to the free participant food and are not eligible for team or individual awards
- ChampionChip Deposit:
A ChampionChip deposit of 200 Thai Baht will be charged on top of the entry fee. The deposit will be returned once the chip is returned at the end of the event.
- Registration (Deadline - 30 January 2009)
Online Registration: click Individual Registration or Team Registration
Go Adventure Asia
5th Fl. CCT Building
109 Surawong Road, Bangrak, Bangkok 10500
Pan Pacific Bangkok Hotel
952 Rama IV Road, Bangkok 10500
Go Adventure Asia
Transfer entry fee to the following account and then fax entry form and payment slip to 02 237 2321:
Chip Timing Co., Ltd.
Siam Commercial Bank (Surawong 2 Branch)
Account No. 064-2-24526-0