• The Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon is jointly organized by the Singapore Sports Council (SSC) and the Singapore Athletic Association (SAA) in accordance with the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) and Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon (SCSM) Rules & Regulations, sanctioned by SAA.
• Completion of the official entry form, including online registration, confirms the Participant’s agreement to abide by the relevant rules and regulations of the IAAF, SCSM and the SAA.
• Whilst every reasonable precaution will be taken by the Organisers to ensure the Participants’ safety, Participants run at their own risk and the Organisers shall not be responsible or held liable for any injury or death howsoever arising from training for or during participation in the race. Participants are strongly encouraged to go for a medical examination and/ or consult their medical practitioner prior to registration and before the actual race day.
• The form on the reverse side of your Bib Number must be completed in full and accurately. Participants must wear the assigned Bib Number on his/her chest. Participants not wearing a Bib Number will be taken off the course by security officers.
• Road Closure will be lifted after six (6) hours from the commencement of the first race. Participants will then continue on the footpath at their own risk.
• A Participant must retire from the race immediately, if required to do so by any member of the official medical staff, Race Director, Referee and/or Security Officer.
• Pets, bicycles, in-line skates, prams, push carts, shoes with built-in or attached rollers and any other wheel run objects are not allowed on the course other than official race and medical vehicles.
• Once registration has been duly processed, there will be no fee refund for Participants who do not eventually take part in the SCSM 2007, for whatsoever reason.
• There will be no fee refund if the event is cancelled for whatsoever reason.
• The Organisers reserve the right to use any photographs (including those of Participants), motion pictures, recordings, or any other media records of the SCSM 2007, for any legitimate purpose, including commercial advertising.
• The Organisers reserve the right to limit and/or refuse entries without giving any reason.
• The Organisers will not entertain nor be in any way responsible for any disputes arising from incomplete entry details.
• Race category and race entry are strictly non-transferable.
• Participants who commence before the actual start time of his/her Race will be disqualified. (Please refer to start time of each race)
• Participants must be 18 years and above on the race day to participate in the Marathon (42.195 km).
• Participants must be 17 years and above on the race day to participate in the Half Marathon (21.1 km)
• Male Veteran: A Male Participant shall be considered a Male Veteran if his 40th birthday falls on/before the race day.
• Female Veteran: A Female Participant shall be considered a Female Veteran if her 35th birthday falls on/before the race day.
• There are two Race Divisions – Individual and Team.
For the Individual Division, there are six (6) categories:
(i) Marathon (42.195 KM)
(ii) Half Marathon (21.1 KM)
(iii) 10 KM - Men
(iv) 10 KM - Women
(v) 10 KM - Wheelchair Race
(vi) Kids Dash (750M). This is a non-competitive event.
For the Team Division, each Participant team member runs 10 km. There are three (3) categories:
(1) Team - Men (First 4 men finishers to score. A team can register a minimum of 4 to a maximum of 6 men). The Men must start together with the 10 km - Men.
(2) (ii) Team - Women (First 4 women finishers to score. A team can register a minimum of 4 to a maximum of 6 women). The Women must start together with the 10 km - Women.
(3) Team - Mixed (First 4 finishers to score, including at least one Participant of the opposite gender. A team can register a minimum of 4 to a maximum of 6 Participants. The Men must start together with the 10 km - Men. The Women must start together with the 10 km - Women).
• Scoring System for the three races in the Team category:
The team with the lowest aggregate “NetTime” of the first 4 finishers will be declared the winner. For the Mixed Team race, at least one scoring Participant team member must be of the opposite gender.
• Participants in the three Team categories are also eligible for prizes in the 10 km – Men or 10 km - Women Individual categories, where “GunTime” is considered.
• In case of a tie in any of the three Team categories:
The fastest “NetTime” between the slowest scoring Participants in each team will determine the winner.
• Individual prizes for the Marathon (42.195KM):
The “GunTime” will be considered to determine the winners for the following:
(i) Men’s Open
(ii) Women’s Open
(iii) Singapore Men’s
(iv) Singapore Women’s
(v) Veteran Men’s (40 years old on/before the race day)
(vi) Veteran Women’s (35 years old on/before the race day)
[Only Singapore citizens qualify for (iii) and (iv)]
• A Participant winner may elect to receive an award in another category to which he/she is entitled that might offer a higher prize-money. Each Participant is however allowed only one prize-money award. Notwithstanding the Participant’s election, his/her finishing position in each of the relevant category does not change.
• Individual prizes for Half Marathon (21.1 KM):
The “GunTime” will be considered in determining the winner in each of the following:
• The “GunTime” will be considered in determining the winner of the following:
(i) Individual prizes for 10 KM – Men
(ii) Individual prizes for 10 KM – Women
(iii) Individual prizes for Wheelchair Race
• For prize winners or possible prize winners, disputes and appeals must be made on-the-spot within 30 minutes of the published results on the results notice board on-site or immediately after the prize presentation, whichever is earlier.
• For all other Participants, disputes and appeals regarding the results must be submitted in a written format, including electronic mail within 7 days of race day. Organisers reserve the rights to not entertain any dispute or appeal after 10 December 2007.
• All Participants shall collect their Race Entry Packs that include the Bib Number, Championchip, Event T-shirt, Event Handbook and other novelties at the Race Entry Pack Collection on 23, 24 and 25 November 2007. No late collection will be entertained. Entry packs not collected after the collection date will be deemed as property of the Organisers, who reserves the rights to dispose or distribute them accordingly.
• All Participants must return the ChampionChip to the Chip return counters at the Finish area after their race. A penalty of SGD$50.00 will be imposed on individuals who fail to comply.
• All Participants who successfully complete the race in their chosen race will be awarded a Finisher’s Medal at the Finish Line, upon returning their ChampionChip and presenting their Bib Number to the respective officials.
• All Participants who successfully complete the Marathon Category (42.195 km) will also receive an exclusive Finisher’s T-shirt upon returning their ChampionChip and presenting their Bib Number. Sizes are subject to availability.
• All Finisher’s Medals & T-Shirts are to be collected on event day. No requests thereafter will be entertained.
• All Participants who successfully complete the race in their elected category will be awarded a Finisher’s Certificate by mail. This will be sent in January 2009. Organisers are not responsible for any undelivered certificates due to incorrect addresses.
• The Organisers reserve the right to refuse awarding a certificate to any Participant if his/her ChampionChip has not been returned.
• Standard Chartered Distance Challenges
- Corporate Distance Challenge:
Open to all companies registered under the Company Act and Business Act. Participants must be employees of the same company. All decisions by the organising committee shall be final. Verification of eligibility must be provided upon request. The company with the longest combined distance completed by its staff wins the award.
Sponsors of the SCSM are eligible for the award, including the plaque and acknowledgement in a major newspaper. They are however, not eligible for the prizes.
- Non-Profit Organisation Distance Challenge:
Open to all non-profit organisations, embassies or High Commissions, statutory boards, educational institutions, clubs and societies. For large organisations such as a Ministry or conglomerate, Participants must be employees of the same unit, branch or chapter at which they are directly employed. All decisions by the organising committee shall be final. Verification of eligibility must be provided upon request. The non-profit organisation, or registered unit, branch or chapter of the same organisation with the longest combined aggregate distance by its staff and members wins the award.
- In order to qualify for the Distance Challenge, the companies, organisations and educational institutions have to sign up for the Bulk registration package. Employees from the respective organisations that have registered individually will not have their clocked distances factored into the Distance Challenge of their organisation.
- Participants can only register and compete for one company/organisation under the Corporate Distance Challenge.
- The companies, organisations and educational institutions have to provide a Company Coordinator to play the role of a liaison officer with the Organisers.
- The Company Coordinator is responsible for recruiting Participants, finalizing his/her company’s race entries, obtaining and distributing race day materials to the Participants.
- The Company Coordinator will be given a Administrative’s User ID and password for his/her company to access the registration system to key in the finalize Participants’ entries.
- No substitutions of Participants will be allowed once the company, organisations or educational institutes entry has been submitted.
- Participants who register for the Corporate Distance Challenge, under their organisation’s bulk registration package are not entitled to any other discounts (SCB cardholder discount, past year Participants’ discount etc) on top of the agreed bulk registration fees.
- Only the Company Coordinator can retrieve the timing of those Participants registered under the Bulk Registration package. The Organisers have the right not to disclose any information on those company’s staff that registered individually.
- Teams are entitled to win prizes only within the chosen Team category. The Organisers’ decisions are final.
• Kids Dash
- Participants must be 13 years and below on the race day to participate in the Kids Dash.
- Participants are only eligible to take part in the Kids Dash if they have parental or guardian consent.
- The Kids Dash is non-competitive, therefore, no ChampionChip will be issued and no official timing will be recorded or provided.
- All Participants will be awarded a Finisher’s Certificate and a Finisher’s Medal.
• Charity Participants
- Charity Participants who register for the “Run-For-A-Cause” programme in support of the event’s official charity in 2007, the Autism Association of Singapore are bound to the specific rules and regulations of the “Run-For-A-Cause” programme.
- Organisers shall not be responsible or held liable for any illegal activities committed either by the official charity, any organisations or Participants who register and raise funds for the “Run-For-A-Cause” programme.
- All other charities or non-profit organisations are required to inform the organisers of their fund-raising activities through the event, and the total amount raised from these activities within 1 month of 2 December 2007.
Singapore Marathon Disclaimer Clause/Waiver Clause
In consideration of the acceptance of my entry, I, my
heirs, successors and assigns, do hereby unconditionally
waive and release the organisers, this competition's sponsors
and all persons and agencies connected with it from all
claims and damages whatsoever, that may arise from my participation
in this competition, including without limitation, personal
injury. I, in the capacity as Team Leader (if applicable),
will communicate the rules and regulations to all my team
members. I agree on behalf of them to abide by those rules
and do also hereby release the Organisers of all claims
and damages that may arise from our team participation
in this competition. I also certify that all my team members
and I are physically fit.